Monday, June 4, 2012

In the midst...


It's one of those weeks, folks. I've been feeling unfortunately uninspired, due to my lack of blogging. I find that this style blog is quite cyclical in that way. If I happen to be in the midst of a bummer day or week what have you, I'll forgo writing the blog for a bit. The problem is, when I neglect the blog (which is one of a handful of things that brings me a feeling of accomplishment or fulfillment) it just worsens my attitude! Okay, enough of Debbie Downer for the day....

One thing I'm very happy about are these Dolce Vita flatform sandals. :) In love. I usually skip anything straw or rope for summer because to be quite honest, I just want summer to be over as fast as it started. I know that's like blasphemy to some people. But, if you had lived in the stifling Florida heat your entire life and were used to daily 50% humidity, you might feel the same. HOWEVER, these sandals are a bit of summer that make me smile. They're also extremely comfortable which makes them suitable for everyday work wear! Nice.

 denimskirt/UrbanOutfitters  shirt/H&M  sandals/DolceVita  bag/vintage(my Nina's)  glasses+watch/MichaelKors

6 comments:

  1. that IS blasphemy, but i can see where you're coming from. 50% humidity is torture haha. i usually stay away from the whole woven thing too because to me it looks so "cliche summer", but your pair is super cute. and love your glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is super cute! It's hard for me to find comfy AND cute sandals, I'll have to check those out because I'm slightly infatuated with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always rely on Dolce Vita! They make the most wonderful shoes! :)

      Delete
  3. So cute! Love the longer denim skirt!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean - it's such a great feeling pressing the publish button on a blog post that you're proud of and sending it out into the big vast internet world :) I think it's all about getting a bit of momentum going though and if you can do that it becomes almost self perpetuating. I love this outfit on you...the denim skirt is really pretty and I love the simplicity of the breton top with it. PS: I've heard of Moaning Minnies but never a Debbie Downer..I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging comment! It's so true! :) By the way, you're blog is absolutely lovely! How have I not stumbled upon it before? Add it to the list! :)

      Delete